P.O. Box 695
Prescott, AZ 86302
Unless otherwise noted, programs are held at the LDS Church, 1001 Ruth Street, on the fourth Saturday of the month at 2 p.m. The doors open at 1:30 p.m. for social time. Please park at the rear of the building and enter through the double doors in back. This facility is handicap accessible. We will be meeting in Room 20. The meeting is free and open to the public.
2019 Program Schedule
Jan. 26, 2019 @2pm. General Membership Meeting
Feb. 23, 2019 @ 2pm General Membership Meeting. Speaker Michelle Goodrum from AZGAB on Cluster Research.
Prescott Public Library
Genealogy Research Series
Jan 14, 2019 "Genealogy Research Series:“What in the heck is DNA, anyway?” presented by Phyllis Lewellen explaining the basics of DNA at the Prescott Public Library Founders Suite, 2:30--3:30 p.m.
This talk is part of NAGS' quarterly Genealogy Research Series talks at the Library.
Handouts from Previous Programs (listed alphabetically by subject)
- Building Timelines by Sharon Atkins
- Cause of Death by Barbara Wich
- Civil War Photography by Brandelyn Andres (this is a Youtube presentation)
- Comparing Genealogy Software Programs: Legacy, Family Tree and Roots Maker by Katie Gertz
- DNA: Your Second Family Tree by Phyllis Lewellen
- Evidence! Making Your Case: Evaluating Family History Sources & Information by Barbara Wich
- Guidelines for Dating Early Photographs by D.Sue Kissel
- Guidelines for Dating Early Photographs, Part 2 by D.Sue Kissel
- How To Find Your Ancestors Civil War Records by Dick Hiatt
- Planning Your Genealogy Research Trip by Laurie McCoy
- Prescott Public Library Genealogy Resources by Normalene Zeeman
- The New Ancestry by Valene Woolridge
- Wiki Research by Dick Hiatt
- What Does that Document REALLY Say? by Suzanne Young Brayer